There are more than 300 clinical trials for people with type one diabetes (T1D), including diabetic complications—eye disease, kidney disease, nerve disease. Many of these trials take place in the Northern Florida Chapter territory. Here are a few of the clinical trial sites in our area and some of the studies they are currently recruiting for:
- Adult Onset Autoimmune Diabetes Study
- Cognitive Status and Glycemic Variability in Adults
- _PHROG_Study_Flyer – UPDATED 9.10.2021
- PEDAP Recruitment Flyer_STAMPED.docx – The Pediatric Artificial Pancreas (PEDAP) Trial: A Randomized Controlled Comparison of the Control-IQ Technology versus Standard of Care in Young Children in Type 1 Diabetes – NEW!!
- Click here for further information on all available studies at the USF Health Diabetes and Endocrinology Center, including the following studies:
- Prevent or delay progression of T1D in those at higher risk
- Protection of beta cell function in people newly diagnosed with T1D (within 150 days).
- Diabetes device studies
JDRF T1D Clinical Trials Connection
JDRF funds type 1 diabetes (T1D) clinical trials that are critical to bringing new devices and treatments to people with this disease. Currently, there are more than 70 JDRF-funded clinical trials, to both prevent and treat this disease and its complications. We hope that, ultimately, these trials will lead to a cure for T1D.
That’s where JDRF comes in. JDRF has an easy-to-use tool to find a clinical trial that might be right for you. The online Clinical Trials Connection asks users some simple questions about themselves before matching them with trials for which they are eligible. Clinical Trials Connection uses your city, distance you’re willing to travel and other characteristics to narrow down hundreds of trials to the ones in which you might be interested.
Click Here to try it out!