Sneaker Sales – An Easy Corporate Fundraiser for JDRF
Doing good doesn’t have to be hard. If your company does retail sales or serves the public, participating in the sneaker sale campaign is an easy way to raise money for JDRF. You’ll reap the benefits of community involvement while helping stop type 1 diabetes.
JDRF is fighting T1D.
T1D is an autoimmune disease that impacts approximately 1.25 million Americans. Although the exact causes of the disease are unknown, it appears to be linked to genetic and environmental factors. Currently, there is no cure for T1D, and managing it is a full-time job that requires frequent doses of insulin, careful monitoring of blood sugar levels and attention to diet and exercise.
JDRF is the top nonprofit funder of T1D research in the world. We fund innovative research to prevent, treat and eventually cure T1D.
You can help.
By participating in the sneaker sale campaign, you can make a real difference in the lives of people with T1D.
- JDRF supplies paper “sneakers” in four different colors: blue, highlight blue, green and orange.
- While ringing up customers, your employees ask if they would like to purchase a paper sneaker to promote type 1 diabetes research. The paper sneakers are sold for $1 or more.
- When a customer agrees, the employee adds the paper sneaker sale to the purchase. Each sneaker includes a barcode to make scanning and tracking easy.
- The customer signs his or her name on the sneaker, and the sneakers are displayed on the walls.
- If you run out of sneakers, contact your local JDRF office to get more.
It’s that simple.
Show you care.
By participating in the sneaker sales campaign to support T1D research, you’re establishing yourself as a brand that cares about the community.
More and more, employees want to know that the company they work for contributes to society in meaningful ways. Corporate-sponsored community involvement can improve employee engagement and satisfaction. Deloitte’s 2017 Volunteerism Survey found that 89 percent of respondents believe that companies who sponsor volunteer activities offer a better overall working environment, and Nielsen’s Global Corporate Social Responsibility Report found that 67 percent of people prefer to work for socially responsible companies.
Customers also want to know that the companies they support are doing something to give back. The same Nielsen report found that 55 percent of people will pay extra for products and services from companies that are committed to a positive social and environmental impact.
Make it work.
These tips will help make your sneaker sale campaign successful.
- Educate site managers on the program. They need to understand how the program works and why you’re doing it.
- Kick off the campaign by displaying a sneaker for each employee. This will provide a nice visual to attract your customers’ attention to the campaign. It will also help get your employees involved.
- Display the sneakers prominently. This will draw attention to the campaign and encourage participation.
- Ask every customer. Consistent employee participation is essential.
- Motivate employees with incentives for the top sellers.
- Plan on running the campaign for three to four weeks.