JDRF One Walk has one goal: to create a world without type 1 diabetes (T1D). We know you want to make a cure a reality too—and we can’t wait for you to join us! When you participate in a two local JDRF One Walk (September 15 in Denver and October 12 in Colorado Springs), the money you raise supports life-changing breakthroughs that give hope to everyone impacted by this disease. And, you’ll have a great time doing it! That’s because you’ll walk with a committed community that is passionate about doing whatever it takes to help turn Type One into Type None.
The JDRF One Walk raises critical funding for JDRF’s mission work in Colorado and around the globe.
- Raise $100 and earn … an exclusive 2019 JDRF One Walk Event T-Shirt to be picked up at Registration when you arrive.
- Raise $1,000 and become … a V1P! You will earn perks like access to the V1P expedited check in line, a 2019 JDRF souvenir lanyard, which grants you access to the JDRF V1P tent where you can enjoy delicious pizza and garlic knots provided by Victoria’s Gluten Free Kitchen, V1P Parking, V1P Fast Pass to skip the line for select event day activities, a special invitation to the post-Walk celebration and awards ceremony and more.
- Raise $3,000 and earn … recognition along the Mile of Hope! Teams and/or individual walkers will have the opportunity to honor their loved one living with T1D with a sign on the Mile of Hope, a celebratory section of the route honoring the individuals living with T1D who display courage in the daily burden of T1D.
- Raise $5,000 or more and earn … one 10×10 tent with one table and four chairs for your team, placed in the Top Team Village (raise $10,000 and receive a 10×20 tent!), an opportunity to decorate your tent and all the perks listed above.
The 2.3 mile route is stroller and wheelchair accessible, however, portions are unpaved so please plan accordingly. There is also a shorter, paved route that is approximately 1.8 miles. Bicycles, roller blades, skateboards, etc. are not permitted on the route. Click here for the route map.
Bring the whole family and all your to the Jeffco Fairgrounds for the Denver One Walk.
- Enjoy a number of festivities throughout walk day including the signature 7-Eleven sugar-free Slurpees; blue hair dye at the Floyd’s 99 bus; photo booth provided by Just ShutterUp; pictures with your favorite Star Wars storm troopers; the chance to meet basketball legends Walter Paul Davis and Ervin Johnson; play soccer with the Colorado Rapids Street Team; face painting; a bounce house, and more!
- If you like live music, you won’t want to miss performances by the Thornton Community Band and 90 Proof.
- Enter the Team T-Shirt Contest, presented by Distinctive Threads! Get creative and have fun making your unique team t-shirt for Walk day.
- If you have type 1 diabetes, stop by the “Check In” tent to pick up your T1D BUFF® head wear! Wear it with pride so others can celebrate walking for YOU at our event.
- Are you new to the JDRF family? The JDRF One Walk is a great way to get involved! Stop by the New Family Tent to pick up your “I’m The Walk to End T1D Type” drawstring backpack as a special thank you for joining us.
For more information including parking and directions visit walk.jdrf.org/denver.
Sign up to volunteer. Being a Walk volunteer is a fun and rewarding experience that allows you to be an important part of finding a cure for T1D. It is also be an excellent way for high school students to earn community service hours. For more information, contact Dana Slack at 303-209-7726 or email@example.com.