JDRF is a volunteer-driven organization and proudly celebrates the thousands of JDRF volunteers who have joined a community that truly cares about improving lives today and tomorrow by accelerating life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat T1D and its complications. This work would be impossible without dedicated volunteers and JDRF is truly grateful for every hour given.
Last year alone:
- Outreach volunteers connected with 342 newly diagnosed adults, children, and families helping to connect them with the T1D community. Thank you Outreach volunteers for showing everyone that we are stronger together!
- JDRF One Walk in Denver and Colorado Springs were made possible because of over 250 volunteers who helped with everything from setup before sunrise until clean-up was finished long after walkers went home. Additionally, the Walk Committees works tirelessly year-round organizing logistics and donations, and supporting Walk Teams while they work towards their fundraising goals. Thank you volunteers for helping to celebrate the T1D community at One Walk!
- The JDRF Dream Gala raised almost $900,000 for T1D research thanks to the support of volunteers who helped procure auction items and provided support at the event. Thank you volunteers for raising critical funds for T1D research!
- Dozens of volunteers supported a very successful Type One Nation education summit, giving of their time to set up the displays and breakout rooms; organize lunch for attendees; and present valuable and insightful programs. Thank you for helping to educate the T1D community!
- The Young Leadership Committee supports every JDRF activity and provides a meaningful way for young adults living with T1D to give back to their community. Thank you YLC members for all you do for our constituents!
- Dozens of volunteers come into the JDRF office throughout the year to pack and ship Bags of Hope; organize materials and equipment for our special events; and call our donors to thank them for their support. Thank you to the many volunteers who are part of our office family!
- Members of the Board of Directors provide insightful leadership and invaluable community connections that help us achieve our goals and move our mission forward. Thank you to these special volunteers who give so much of their time and energy.
There are many ways that volunteers support JDRF, and we are all united behind one purpose: turning Type One into Type None.