Off to College
June 4, 2019, Mequon, WI
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Join JDRF for a Transitions Series Event
For families managing life with T1D, the transition from high school to college can bring up a whole host of new scenarios, questions, worries and emotions. The Off the College event is intended to help parents, caregivers and teens by offering practical, tangible advice as they prepare for this next chapter of their life. From campus life and communication to dealing with alcohol and talking with friends and roommates about type one, this event will provide the tools and resources you need to feel ready.
- Hear advice from a panel of current college students and parents, as well as recent grads, moderated by a medical professional
- Participate in small group discussions with other parents and teens
- See examples of emergency actions plans
- Get advice on how to prepare for campus life, register for accommodations and more
- Refreshments will be provided
Tuesday, June 4, 2019 | 6:00-8:00PM
Lakeshore Room (S104) | Concordia University Wisconsin
12800 N. Lake Shore Drive | Mequon, WI 53097
Register by Thursday, May 30 by visiting:
Contact Michelle Pape at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-203-5532 with questions.
More from the Southeastern Wisconsin Chapter