TypeOneNation Summit Pasadena
April 22, 2018, Pasadena, CA
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Enjoy a full day of inspirational and educational activities lead by national and local experts to help you and your loved ones better manage life with type 1 diabetes (T1D). Network with others and visit our Wellness Area, featuring diabetes devices, resources, and other summit supporters. All those impacted by T1D are welcome to attend.
Registration and Vendor Fair, TrialNet Screenings, New Family Meet-Up
- Judy Ranan, JDRF Executive Director Los Angeles Chapter
- Jennifer Raymond, MD, MCR Clinical Diabetes Director, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles
JDRF Keynote Presentation
- Derek Rapp, President and CEO, JDRF International
- Jamie A. Giraldo, Ph.D., Scientist Discovery Research, JDRF
- Mark Harmel, MPH, CDE, Clinical Research Coordinator USC Westside Center for Diabetes.
- Bart Roep, Ph.D. Director of Diabetes Immunology, City of Hope
- Anne Schultz, Project Manager, Outreach & Recruitment Trial Net Hub, The Benaroya Research Institute
Trial Net Screenings
Advocacy & Walk Updates
Breakout Session A
Breakout Session B
National Premier SponsorsView All Sponsors
Pasadena Convention Center
Parking is $13 at the Convention Center or $6 with validation or $9 without validation at the Paseo Colorado across the street from the Convention Center on Green Street. Public transportation is available via the Metro Gold Line Memorial Park Station
300 East Green Street
Pasadena, CA 91101
On Sunday, April 22,2018 JDRF will be hosting TypeOneNation at Pasadena Convention Center. Join the type 1 diabetes community to learn from the experts about T1D technology, therapies, health and wellness.
The day will feature a keynote presentation by Derek Rapp, President and CEO who will speak about JDRF’s mission and Timeline.
Following this will be a Technology Update panel which includes Dr. Bart O. Roep, Chairman of the Department of Diabetes Immunology City of Hope, Jaime A. Giraldo, PhD. Scientist, Discovery Research, JDRF, Mark Harmel, MPH, CDE, Clinical Research Coordinator, USC Westside Center for Diabetes and Anne Shultz, Project Manager,Outreach & Recruitment TrialNet Hub at the Benaroya Research Institute
After lunch, TrialNet Screenings and a vendor fair, participants will then choose from a variety of breakout session topics for all ages and stages of T1D including:
- Taking T1D to School
- T1D and your Mental Health
- Getting the most out of your CGM/Pump
- Insurance and T1D
- Getting support using Diabetes Apps
- First 2 years with T1D
- Transitioning from Pediatric to Adult Care (Panel)
- T1D and the Older Patient
Kids Programing will include a magician, a Mad Science presentation (a science enrichment hands on science program), crafts and yoga in the morning.
Teens Programing will include a Sports and T1D panel of life stages of T1D. From teen years to college and beyond.
More from the Southern California Chapter