Resources in your JDRF Bag of Hope include (but are not limited to):
Rufus the Bear with Diabetes® a cuddly friend to show your child they are not alone while learning to take insulin and check their blood sugar.
Begin with Hope an introductory guide to type 1 diabetes (T1D) created with care by people living with T1D, their families and medical experts. Learn T1D basics, what you should know about blood sugar and insulin, how to educate others about T1D, and where to find more information.
Rufus Comes Home a storybook about your child’s new friend.
A First Book for Understanding Diabetes (Pink Panther) a widely acclaimed, easy to follow, comprehensive handbook on how to manage diabetes.
Shia Learns About Insulin A young girl learns about diabetes and how insulin helps her feel better.
When I Go Low Helps kids identify different ways they might feel when they have low blood sugar.
“I’m the Tougher Than You Can Imagine Type” resource folder which contains:
- An inspirational bookmark designed by T1D influencer Carly Baumgartner
- Fun stickers from the JDRF – Beyond Type 1 Alliance
- Information on connecting with a JDRF volunteer and our online school resources
- An illustrated overview of low and high blood sugar causes, symptoms and treatments
- Severe low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) treatment brochures: Baqsimi™ and Gvoke™
Please note the Bag of Hope is only available for children (11 and under) who reside in the United States. Live outside the US?