Resources in your JDRF Teen Care Kit include (but are not limited to):
Begin with Hope introductory guide to type 1 diabetes (T1D) created with care by people living with T1D, their families and medical experts. Learn T1D basics, what you should know about blood sugar and insulin, how to educate others about T1D, and where to find more information.
I’m Greater Than my Highs and Lows diabetes supply bag. A reminder that T1D doesn’t define you.
Bullseye young adult fiction book, written from different perspectives, that tells the story of one family’s journey from diagnosis to diaversary, and the ups and downs in between (provided by Lilly Diabetes and Disney-Hyperion)
A First Book for Understanding Diabetes (Pink Panther) widely acclaimed, easy to follow, comprehensive handbook on how to manage diabetes.
“I’m the Tougher than You Can Imagine Type” resource folder which contains:
- An inspirational bookmark designed by T1D influencer Carly B @carly.with.diabetes
- Colorful stickers for water bottles, laptops and more created by the JDRF – Beyond Type 1 Alliance
- Information on connecting with a JDRF volunteer and our online school resources
- An illustrated overview of low and high blood sugar causes, symptoms and treatments
- Severe low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) treatment brochures from Baqsimi™ and Gvoke™
Please note the Teen Care Kit is only available for teens (age 12 – 17) who reside in the United States. Live outside the US?