Empower1 Tween/Teen Meeting
January 24, 2019, AL
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Empower1 is a program for those living with type 1 diabetes (T1D) in middle school & high school (ages 11 to 18) to come together and have some fun while meeting others living with T1D.
Next Meeting Date: Thursday, January 24, 2019
Place: Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital
501 6th Avenue S., St. Petersburg
Activity Room—2nd Floor Hospital Walkway
Topic: Sports, Exercise and T1D
Service Project: TBD
Activities & Structure
- Provides education and information on T1D management
- Opportunity to share ideas, thoughts, concerns and experiences with each other.
- The group currently meets on a bi-monthly basis.
- Parents are welcome to meet in the cafeteria while their teens are attending the meeting.
- The meeting is free however space is limited and registration is required.