We hope that this post finds you all safe and healthy. On March 16th, in response to the changing and growing concerns regarding COVID-19, JDRF President & CEO Aaron Kowalski announced that we have made the decision to cancel any in-person events through June 30, 2020. The health and safety of our employees, partners, constituents and donors remains paramount and given so, we feel this is the best decision as at this time.
This announcement will have a direct impact on our 2020 One Walk Great Escape, Hoffman Golf Classic, One Awards, and Sugar Free Gang meetings and we recognize that this decision may leave you with questions in a time already saturated with stress and uncertainty. Please rest assured that our team is already working collaboratively to re-imagine these events in a landscape that continues to change daily and we look forward to sharing new information and exciting developments as they are confirmed. In the meantime, we remain committed to being a resource for the T1D community and will focus on sharing ideas and information with you in hopes of lessening the stress, even if just a little bit.
Life with T1D presents challenges of its own and now much of our JDRF family is faced with changes to work schedules, child care, home schooling, and economic concerns as well. As we move forward in the face of these challenges, we want to do our best to help you along the way and have compiled some resources below. Please be sure to watch our facebook page for additional resources as they become available.
• We have updated our website to include information to help people with T1D make informed decisions about their health and Coronavirus. The website will be updated regularly and can be found by clicking here.
• While you are home it is important to get some exercise in. Consider going for a walk or run outside. Learn how to exercise safely with T1D by clicking here.
• Looking for something to do with the kids? Check out these printable games from T1 Everyday Magic by clicking here.
• If you are nervous about what your financial future will bring JDRF has outlined a variety of financial resources for T1D. They can be found by clicking here.
• Stress can have an effect on your body and blood sugars. Learn how to deal with stress and diabetes by clicking here.
Additionally, our JDRF NENY team will be working remotely for the time being but we are here for you now, as we always have been, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at any time.
As we move forward together during this challenging time, I believe we will emerge as a stronger community — and will be closer than ever to achieving our mission to create a world without T1D. We thank you in advance for your patience, support and your continued dedication to JDRF.
Stay healthy, take care of one another, and we will see you soon!