Thank you for your unwavering support as we reimagine our 2020 Ride season. Despite the disappointing news last week, many of you are already rising to the new challenges and we couldn’t be more grateful. While we are still working out all the details, our goals for the season are to keep supporting research through continued fundraising, challenging each other to stay active and rallying and uniting our community.
Nothing will replace Ride Weekend, but we are excited to “see” you when we come together (virtually) one weekend this fall (date TBD) to celebrate what makes Ride Weekend so special— the stories, the ceremonies, the special jerseys, our top performers, our collective accomplishments and you.
We can’t wait to share more soon. In the meantime, we wanted to give you a preview of what’s in store for the newly reimagined 2020 JDRF Ride season. Introducing JDRF My Ride No matter where you live, how you choose to ride or how far you go, you’ll be surrounded by the T1D community—fellow riders, coaches, friends and family, cheering you on at every milestone.
JDRF My Ride lets you set your own goals and participate your own way: indoors on a trainer, outdoors on your bike, with friends or on your own. And when COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted and it’s safe to do so, you can choose to ride with your local team. As part of JDRF My Ride, there will be ongoing community, fitness and fundraising challenges where you can engage with members of the JDRF Ride community, strive to meet your fitness goals and earn rewards for your fundraising.
What to know:
• The JDRF Ride to Cure website, including your Participant Center, has been updated to reflect our collective goals for the 2020 Ride season under JDRF My Ride.
• If you were registered for multiple JDRF Rides, these will soon be merged into one.
• Your Participant Center will continue to be your hub for fundraising and monitoring your progress throughout the season.
• Strava, a social-fitness network that tracks cycling and running activities, is now integrated with your Participant Center so you can see the collective distance we will ride together in pursuit of a world without type 1 diabetes.
• If you wish to participate in the challenge, be sure to log into your Participant Center and link your Ride account to Strava. That way, you’ll automatically be opted into each month’s challenge, have your miles count towards the collective goal and see where you rank on the leaderboard.
We can’t wait to see the JDRF Ride community come together through JDRF My Ride, create new goose bump moments and continue to ride together towards our ultimate finish line—a world without T1D.
for more information about JDRF My Ride or to get involved contact Amber Mueller email@example.com