We are disappointed to announce that due to the reality of COVID-19, the JDRF Western Pennsylvania Chapter will not be able to host the in-person JDRF One Walks as scheduled. But we are excited to tell you that the One Walk will still take place! It’s just going to look a little different this year.
The Walk has never been just about a route, the tents, the music, or the goodies in the food tent. It is the unified spirit of the type 1 diabetes (T1D) community coming together as one force rallying for an end to T1D. A reimagined Walk will NOT change that unity and commitment to finding a cure.
We will announce more about the JDRF One Walk campaign later in August, but here’s what to know right now:
- During the month of August, JDRF will be updating the walk website to reflect the new, re-imagined walk experience. Don’t worry – you can still register now!
- Many walk elements won’t change – You can still register, customize your walk page, share your story, collect donations, and email your donors. We’re just adding new features, updating dates/times, and including more relevant information.
- This fall, JDRF Western PA will join hundreds of other walk sites from around the country on our virtual walk day – Which is November 1st.
- The Pittsburgh One Walk will no longer take place on October 3rd.
- The Westmoreland One Walk will no longer take place on September 26th.
- They will both be celebrated on November 1st.
- Collectively as a nation, our goal is to walk 1.6 million miles this fall for the 1.6 million Americans living with T1D. We encourage you and your teammates to walk at home, the gym, or the park – and new this year! – you’ll be able to log your miles on your walk page!
- Stay tuned for more information to be released this month about the new and exciting re-imagined JDRF One Walk!
We are a community familiar with obstacles and challenges. And if there ever was a community that can show the world that it’s #StrongerTogether, it’s our T1D family in Western PA. Together we will make the 2020 One Walk successful in raising funds needed to keep JDRF research efforts thriving at a time when it’s more important than ever.
Can we count on you to say “I’m still in” and register for the 2020 JDRF One Walk? Register today at walk.jdrf.org!
If you have any questions, want to chat, or would like to brainstorm some ideas, please don’t hesitate to reach out – we are always here for you! Please contact Carling Nolan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-258-1319.