The Buffalo JDRF One Walk at Delaware Park and the Buffalo Zoo is almost here! We can’t wait to see you on Sunday, June 9, as we walk together for a world without type 1 diabetes (T1D). Please review the following information for event day details. Information will be updated as we get closer to the event.
To get started, please check out our JDRF Buffalo One Walk Resource Guide. It includes information about walk day, walk events, incentives, fundraising tools and tips, and much more!
Not yet registered? Sign up today at walk.jdrf.org.
EVENT DAY SCHEDULE
9:00 AM: JDRF One Walk check-in and festivities begin
10:45 AM: Opening ceremony
11:00 AM: Walk begins
11:45 AM: Lunch & Post Walk Festivities
1:00 PM: Enjoy the Buffalo Zoo
Participants are invited to enjoy our Walk Day festivities beginning at 9:00 AM before the walk kicks off. We encourage you to gather at the big blue arch at 10:45 AM for our Walk opening ceremony. The walk starts at 11:00 AM. The walk, approximately 2 miles and will take participants on a scenic stroll around Delaware Park. A water stop will be located on the route.
The Walk will take place rain or shine.
DIRECTIONS AND PARKING
- At the Buffalo Zoo at Parkside & Jewett. Parking costs $5 per car. Atoken needs to be purchased inside the zoo.
- Limited parking available around Ring Road/Meadow Drive.
- Street parking is available in the neighborhood but please be sureto only park in legal street spots. Please don’t block fire hydrants,driveways, etc., and don’t park on the grass.
- After parking, please proceed to the Check-In area to drop off anyoutstanding donations. The Check-In area can be found under the Red and White Striped Tops Friendly Markets Tent.
- New this year: Team Captains will pick up t-shirt tickets for the whole team
TURNING IN DONATIONS
Before visiting check-in, place any donations you have in a One Walk collection envelope, which will be provided to you at the collection envelope tent. All collection envelopes should be completed with the following information:
- Complete participant contact information and team name
- Amount of checks and/or cash enclosed
Please remember, each participant should turn in their own envelope. Do not combine funds in one envelope.
- Checks should be made payable to JDRF
- If you have a large amount of cash or coins to turn in on Walk Day, we ask that you convert it to a personal check.
- Be sure to also complete the Walker Donation Information Form to ensure that you and your team members get proper credit for your donations.
Walk of Fame – Walkers who raise $2,500 or more will receive their very own Walk of Fame sign! This sign will be displayed along the walk route for all to see,and Walk of Famers can take their signs home with them.
V1P – Walkers who have individually raised a minimum of $1,000 earn V1Pstatus, which provides access to the V1P tent and other surprises! V1Ps also receive an invitation to the 2019 JDRF One Awards (New this year!)
Difference Maker Marker – Walkers who raise $500 or more will have their name on our Difference Maker Marker that will be displayed in the JDRF One Walk Festival area.
Prize Packets – Walkers who raise a minimum of $250 are eligible to receive a JDRF prize packet after the walk. Walkers who do not wish to receive a prize packet can opt-out in their Participant Center. Qualifying participants will receive their prize notification by email or standard mail in August.
Official JDRF One Walk Tshirt – One JDRF walk T-shirt ticket will be allotted for every $100 that a team fundraises, but not to exceed the number of registered members for a team. T-shirt tickets will be provided to team captains at Check-In or Pre-Walk Pick Up Day or the day of the walk.
FOOD, FUN, & ENTERTAINMENT
All of our family teams new to One Walk are invited to stop by our New Family tent to pick up a welcome gift.
It’s a must-stop spot for all V1Ps, our fundraising superstars who have raised $1,000 or more!
Any team who raises $7,500 or more will be rewarded with tent, tables and chairs in our Team Village!
The Team Village is the pefect spot to gather your team and celebrate your success together.
JDRF CHAPTER & ADVOCACY TENT
Get the latest chapter news, register to become a JDRF Advocate, receive information on the upcoming TypeOneNation Summit event and more!
Stop by this tent for some crafty fun!
After the Buffalo JDRF One Walk, we invite you & your family to enjoy the Buffalo Zoo.
Lunch, snacks, and beverages will be available post walk. Since we anticipate more than 3,000 walkers, you may want to bring extra water or snacks for your team members. Breakfast will not be served, so plan accordingly.
- One Walk is rain or shine, so please come prepared.
- Donors who have written a check to JDRF will receive a letter of receipt from JDRF after Walk Day.
- Please keep your personal belongings with you at all times. JDRF is not responsible for any lost items.
We can’t wait to see you on Walk Day!