The 2019 JDRF One Walk – La Crosse is this weekend! This year’s event will be taking place on Sunday, October 6th at Myrick Park. The JDRF One Walk draws in hundreds of participants who are all working toward the same goal: finding a cure for type 1 diabetes (T1D). This year’s event is going to be jam-packed with activities and full of fun for the whole family! Currently, we have more than 60 teams registered who have raised nearly $50,000 for T1D research! If you would like to participate in the JDRF One Walk, there are plenty of options for you to do so (it’s not too late)!
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
- Register – Whether you want to create a Walk Family Team with friends and family or a Walk Corporate Team with your co-workers, there is something for everyone! All you have to do is visit walk.jdrf.org, click “Register,” and follow the step-by-step instructions. It’s that easy! Once you’re registered, staff will contact you with tips & tricks about fundraising for the JDRF One Walk. If you are unable to physically attend the JDRF One Walk, you can still participate as a Virtual Walker! Virtual walkers are able to create teams, access the JDRF One Walk Participant Center, and raise money just like Walk Teams.
- Donate – As the leading global organization funding T1D research, JDRF’s mission is to accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat T1D and its complications. However, we can’t do it without your help. Donate to a participant, a team, or the event itself!
EVENT DAY SCHEDULE
Sunday, October 6, 2019
Myrick Park, 789 Myrick Park Dr., LaCrosse, WI 54601
- 12:00pm: Registration Check-In Opens
- 12:00pm – 2:00pm: Activities
- 12:45pm: Opening Ceremonies
- 1:00pm: Walk Starts
- 1:30pm: Light lunch available (Rocky Rococo Pizza)
The Walk will take place rain or shine.
1.5 Mile route, starts and ends at the Myrick Park Main Shelter
At 12:00pm, registration, V1P, New Family, and t-shirt pick up will be located in the main pavilion at Myrick Park.
- When you arrive, head to the registration area to turn in your Walk Collection envelopes. To speed up registration, please make sure that all information in completed, especially the “Subtotal” amount.
- If you have not registered online, or you have money to turn in, you will need to fill out a Walk Collection envelope (available in front of registration).
- Checks should be made payable to JDRF.
- Each walker who raised $100+ receives a Walk t-shirt.
- Each Walker who raised $1000+ will check-in as a V1P.
- All T1D walkers will receive a special One Walk Bandana.
- All New Families will receive a JDRF Drawstring Backpack.
Any individual who has raised $1000 or more, will receive a V1P lanyard and V1P Award. Please notify staff or volunteer at registration if you are a V1P.
New Family Teams receive a special gift at registration check-in. All members of your team will receive a JDRF draw string backpack. Please notify staff or volunteer at check-in if you are a new team.
FOOD, FUN & ENTERTAINMENT
Fun for the whole family! Kids’ activities, food, music, vendors and much more!