Each year, JDRF One Walk brings together more than 900,000 people across the country to change the future for everyone living with type 1 diabetes (T1D). This fun, family–friendly event gives people with T1D, their loved ones, companies and the local community the opportunity to come together, create change and positively impact lives of those living with T1D. Last year, the JDRF One Walk events for the Western Wisconsin Chapter raised more than $300,000 and over 3,000 participants. This year, we are looking to surpass both of these numbers, but we need YOUR HELP to make it happen!
2019 JDRF One Walk locations:
- JDRF One Walk – Madison: Sunday, September 15, 2019 at UW Health at the American Center
- JDRF One Walk – La Crosse: Sunday, October 6, 2019 at Myrick Park
Ways to get involved:
- Register a Walk Team – Whether you want to create a Walk Family Team with friends and family or a Walk Corporate Team with your co-workers, there is something for everyone! All you have to do is visit walk.jdrf.org, click “Register,” and follow the step-by-step instructions. It’s that easy! Once you’re registered, staff will contact you with tips & tricks about fundraising for the JDRF One Walk.
- Sign-up as a Virtual Walker – Not able to make it in person, but still want to fundraise? Register as a Virtual Walker! Virtual walkers are able to create teams, access the JDRF One Walk Participant Center, and raise money just like Walk Teams.
- Become a Corporate Partner – The JDRF One Walk Corporate Partners are essential to the success of the event! We have opportunities for companies to get involved with almost every aspect of the event (Mile of Hope Partner, Kid Zone Partner, Lunch Partner, etc.) or you can also participate as a traditional event partner (Presenting Partner, Gold Partner, etc.). If you would like to discuss how your company can get involved and make a difference, contact Tim Newman!
- Volunteer – Volunteers are a key component to the success of the JDRF One Walk. Shifts are available before, during, and after the event to allow for anyone who wants to volunteer the ability to participate. Even if you are planning on walking with a team, you can still volunteer! To register as a volunteer, sign up here.
- Donate – As the leading global organization funding T1D research, JDRF’s mission is to accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat T1D and its complications. However, we can’t do it without your help. Donate to a participant, a team, or the event itself!
By joining the JDRF One Walk you’ll support breakthroughs that get us closer to a cure—and provide hope to the millions affected by this disease. We hope you will consider joining the JDRF One Walk in the capacity that suits you best! Please reach out to the Jordy Peter by phone (608) 833-2873 or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions! You can also visit walk.jdrf.org.