The Youth Ambassador Program was created to develop youth leaders within the T1D community. As a youth ambassador, you’ll inspire others by sharing your T1D story, raise awareness for JDRF, educate the broader community about T1D and directly impact JDRF’s mission to create a world without T1D. You’ll also meet other peers with T1D, enhance speaking and storytelling skills, volunteer at chapter and community events, make new friends and have FUN!
We hope you will choose to participate in the JDRF Youth Ambassador Program. We need your voice, your participation, and your leadership. Below you will find the requirements and the JDRF Youth Ambassador Program application form.
What is a Youth Ambassador?
Youth Ambassadors are young people with type 1 diabetes (T1D), between the ages of 5 and 18, who are willing to share their story in order to increase awareness of type 1 diabetes and who are interested in becoming involved with volunteer efforts of the JDRF Wisconsin Chapter.
What does a Youth Ambassador do?
We need your voice, your participation and your leadership.
- Write hand written thank you notes to select donors throughout the year
- Make thank you phone calls throughout the year
- Work with JDRF staff to help prepare a speech and present your personal experience with diabetes at events throughout the year
- Be available to help with posters, videos and as a media contact throughout the year
- Stop by corporate partners office locations to say “thank you” and take a picture
- Meet with Congressional representatives about diabetes issues as they arise
- Other activities to help spread the word about JDRF and type 1 diabetes in our community throughout the year
What are the Youth Ambassador Requirements?
- Age 5-18 years old
- Must have T1D for at least 1 year (if it hasn’t been a year since your diagnosis but you would still like to apply, please email email@example.com)
- Must have a positive outlook on life and diabetes!
- Must receive parental permission to participate. In addition, a parent or guardian will help with the program and provide transportation to JDRF events.
- The Youth Ambassador must commit to participate for the calendar year (January 2023-December 2023)
How do you apply?
Complete the Wisconsin Youth Ambassador Application on Microsoft Forms and email a picture to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Application deadline is Friday, December 30, 2022. If you have any questions please contact Claire Schmidt (email@example.com) or Ashleigh Sand (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 920-997-0038