Thank you to Hochheim Prairie Insurance in Levelland, Texas, for their recent gift to support the Outreach Program in West Texas Plains! The resources within the JDRF Outreach Program are available to everyone in the West Texas Plains Region:
- TypeOneNation: TypeOneNation is JDRF’s vibrant social network for people with type 1 diabetes (T1D), their families and friends.
- T1D Connections Program: Receiving a T1D diagnosis can be a traumatic and an isolating experience, whether it’s you who is affected or someone you love. Your JDRF Outreach Volunteer can connect you with others in the T1D community who’ve been through similar experiences—and provide you with resources, advice and support to help get you through this difficult time.
- JDRF Bag of Hope Program: The JDRF Bag of Hope is filled with useful resources for both the child who has been diagnosed with T1D and their caregivers. (Intended for children ages 15 and under.)
- T1D Care Kit Program: Features tools and information to educate, support and inspire adults with T1D who are within their first year of diagnosis. (Intended for adults ages 16 and up.)
- Downloadable toolkits to help you live your best life with T1D
- Online Diabetes Support Team: The Online Diabetes Support Team (ODST) is made up of compassionate volunteers who know firsthand the ever-changing demands of living with T1D.