Calling all Central Wisconsin Families! JDRF is looking for a Youth Ambassador for the JDRF One Walk –Stevens Point: The role of the Youth Ambassador is to help “put a face on diabetes” and to educate the public about type 1 diabetes and why it is so important that JDRF accomplishes its mission to find a cure for diabetes and its complications through the support of research.
1. Have a Walk Team and be registered by the Application Deadline (July 31, 2018)
2. Speak at the Walk on Saturday, October 6, 2018
3. Write hand written thank you notes to select donors from the Walk—JDRF will give you the information
4. Work with JDRF staff to help prepare a speech and present your personal experience with diabetes
5. Record a Thank you message sent to all walk participants following the walk
6. Share your story through media contacts—as JDRF secures
Click Here for the Youth Ambassador Application. Application Deadline is July 31, 2018.
Applications will be reviewed anonymously by JDRF Board Members for selection by August 6th.
Past Stevens Point Walk Youth Ambassadors are not eligible to re-apply.
Please let us know if you have any questions.