Calling all kids and teens who’d like to represent JDRF throughout this next year:
The JDRF South Jersey Chapter is creating a Youth Ambassador (YA) Program that will have year round involvement where the Ambassadors will attend outreach events, our JDRF One Walks, chapter gala, third party events and help us steward our sponsors and donors, and get to attend events just for them!
What is a Youth Ambassador?
- Youth Ambassadors are children or teens (ages 4-17) with T1D who are willing to share their story of life with the disease in an effort to increase awareness of Type One and the importance of raising funds for a cure.
What does a Youth Ambassador do?
- Stewarding Gala and One Walk sponsors:
- Create Thank You cards or craft items to send to sponsors
- Attend Gala to greet guests, & participate during the Fund A Cure portion of the program
- Thank you calls
- Attend third party fundraisers and One Walk Kickoffs to give speeches and raise awareness
- Visit corporate sponsor and participating Sneaker Sales partner stores like Wawa, Marshalls, and Advanced Auto to thank store managers
- Let us share your story for JDRF promotional tools (Why We Walk, Why Attend the Gala, etc.)
- Attend and participate in One Walks, Kids Walks, outreach events including TypeOneNation Summit, local Promise to Remember Me meetings (advocacy)
- You are NOT required to participate in every event or YA opportunity.
What are the Youth Ambassador Requirements?
- Must be an active participant in the South Jersey Chapter
- Parents of the YA must give permission for their child to become an Ambassador and must be willing to support their child in this program and provide transportation to and from events and activities
- The term limit is one fiscal year (July 2017-June 2018). At the end of next fiscal year you may let us know if you’d like to be considered again for the following year.
- As a YA you represent JDRF and are therefore not permitted to offer any opinion that is not in agreement or accordance with JDRF
- Once you apply and are accepted as a YA, you’ll need to provide a photo to the chapter which may be shared on our website, social media, and other chapter materials