The JDRF Kids Walk program is an educational, in-school fundraising program with two goals: 1) to educate students about type 1 and type 2 diabetes and the importance of a healthy lifestyle, and 2) to provide them with an opportunity to make a difference by raising money for type 1 diabetes (T1D) research.
How It Works
- JDRF provides a turnkey community service program for your school and students.
- The campaign begins with an educational kick-off where students learn about diabetes, healthy living and effective fundraising strategies.
- Students have two weeks to collect funds ( or whatever timeframe works best for the school)
- Two weeks after the kickoff, the campaign wraps up with a celebratory JDRF Kids Walk at your school!
- This program is flexible and can really be whatever works best for the school
It’s FUN, it’s EASY, and it’s EDUCATIONAL! And… it’s all about Kids Helping Kids
If interested in hosting a Kids Walk at your school please contact Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-847-2630