Each year, JDRF One Walk® brings together more than 900,000 people to change the future for people living with type 1 diabetes (T1D) by raising money for research. With over 200 events and 25,000 teams a year, JDRF One Walk is not only a key revenue driver for our organization, it is the largest diabetes fundraiser in the world. There are three JDRF One Walks taking place in Western Wisconsin this year and plenty of opportunities to get involved!
JDRF One Walk locations:
- JDRF One Walk Eau Claire – Sunday, September 10, 2017 at Carson Park
- JDRF One Walk Madison – Sunday, September 24, 2017 at UW Health at the American Center
- JDRF One Walk La Crosse – Sunday, October 1, 2017 at Myrick Park
Ways to get involved:
- Register a Walk Team – Whether you want to create a Walk Family Team with friends and family or a Walk Corporate Team with your co-workers, there is something for everyone! All you have to do is visit walk.jdrf.org, click “Register,” and follow the step-by-step instructions. It’s that easy! Once you’re registered, staff will contact you with tips & tricks about fundraising for the JDRF One Walk.
- Sign-up as a Virtual Walker – Not able to make it in person, but still want to fundraise? Register as a Virtual Walker! Virtual walkers are able to create teams, access the JDRF One Walk Participant Center, and raise money just like Walk Teams.
- Volunteer – Volunteers are a key component to the success of the JDRF One Walk. Shifts are available before, during, and after the event to allow for anyone who wants to volunteer the ability to participate. Even if you are planning on walking with a team, you can still volunteer! Check out the job descriptions and shifts on our JDRF One Walk Volunteer Page.
- Donate – As the leading global organization funding T1D research, JDRF’s mission is to accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat T1D and its complications. However, we can’t do it without your help. Donate to a participant, a team, or the event itself!
By joining JDRF One Walk you’ll support breakthroughs that get us closer to a cure—and provide hope to the millions affected by this disease. We hope you will consider joining the JDRF One Walk in the capacity that suits you best! Please reach out to the JDRF Western Wisconsin Chapter by phone (608) 833-2873 or by email (email@example.com) with any queations. You can also visit walk.jdrf.org.