February 23, 2019, AZ
8:00 am - 3:30 pm
Children 5-15 are Free, 16 years and older $15
Join other individuals, families, and caregivers affected by type 1 diabetes (T1D) at all life stages for a day of education and connection at the TypeOneNation Summit. Talk to experts about research advances, meet with other attendees to exchange ideas, and participate in discussions important to you.
JDRF info fair and vendor area
KidsZone (ages 5-11)
Kids 15 and under are free!
“Ask The Endo” Panel
Breakfast, snacks, and buffet lunch are included!
JDRF will be welcoming numerous guest speakers including:
- Jacquelyn Brown, Ph.D., A research scientist at JDRF managing the biomarkers and disease development grant portfolios for the Prevention program.
- Scott Benner, The creator of the “Juicebox Podcast” and author of the award-winning parenting memoir, “Life is Short, Laundry is Eternal: Confessions of a Stay-at-Home Dad”.
- Eric Tozer, The President and Co-Founder of Diabetes Sports Project running the World Marathon Challenge in January 2019; 7 marathons, on 7 continents, in 7 consecutive days.
- Dr. Klearchos Papas, PhD, The Scientific Director of the Institute for Cellular Transplantation at the University of Arizona, devoting his research career to cell based therapies for the treatment of diabetes without immunosuppression.
- Dr. Robert C. Johnson, PhD, A research professor in the Institute for Cellular Transplantation in the Department of Surgery at the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson.
- And more!