Interested in making a difference in the type 1 diabetes (T1D) community and gaining experience in communications and marketing? The JDRF Greater Dallas Chapter is seeking interns throughout the year to assist with the JDRF One Walk and JDRF Dream Gala. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Job Title: Marketing & Communications Intern
Manager: Development Staff
Term of Internship: Spring, Summer, Fall and/or Winter Terms are Available; 12- 20 hours weekly schedule TBD
Location: Dallas, Texas
- Responsible for assisting with the development and execution of JDRF Greater Dallas internal and external communications, marketing and collateral materials and advertising/publicity campaigns for JDRF major fundraising events (Dream Gala, Cliff Harris Reunion Golf Tournament, JDRF One Walk, Fund A Cure Luncheon)
- Assist with email campaigns, public relation activities and all social media platforms surrounding upcoming signature events and marketing/mission-related messaging
- Assist in the creation and production of event invitations, website, program book, advertisements, brochures, signage
- Support staff in all aspects of revenue generation from fundraising events
- Support design creation, copy writing and production of fundraising collateral, donor materials/acknowledgements and ongoing correspondence
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with social media.
- Good interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
- Resourceful and flexible. Ability to pitch-in and help on variety of tasks as needed.
- Desire to work and learn about non-profit marketing and special event planning/execution.
- Good time management and organization skills. Ability to multitask.
- Ideal for applicants pursuing a degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Nonprofit