TypeOneNation Summit 2020 was our Chapter’s last in-person event prior to the COVID shutdown!

in

As we begin the next phase of our reopening plan, we are thrilled to share that TypeOneNation Summit Reimagined is back and set to take place in-person THIS WEEK March 12th, 2022. You might be wondering what is “reimagined” about TypeOneNation, you might even be wondering, what is TypeOneNation Summit?

TypeOneNation Summit is our chapter’s biggest educational event of the year – an opportunity for T1D individuals and caregivers to come together to learn and support one another. This year, hear and learn from keynote speaker Dr. Shara BialoMD, Division of Endocrinology, Department of Pediatrics-Nemours duPont on ‘Navigating the Highs and Lows’. Enjoy a breakout session from either Gary Scheiner, MS, CDES, or our Perspectives of T1D Panel. You will also have the opportunity to talk with our local and national sponsors and learn about products, resources, and support.

For more information & to register CLICK HERE

If you have attended TypeOneNation Summit in the past, it might look a little different as we work to incorporate COVID mitigation protocols. The size and scale of the event have been adjusted to prioritize safety and limit the risk of exposure for attendees. With that in mind, our capacity is limited so we encourage you to register today if you would like to attend. These sessions have been geared toward our newly diagnosed families, individuals, and caregivers, and no childcare will be provided at this time. 

COVID-19 INFORMATION

JDRF requires all attendees to be fully vaccinated* against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen (rapid) test administered by a healthcare professional within 72 hours of the event’s commencement. Also, please note masking is now 100% optional while on campus.

As a condition of entrance into the event, you will be required to provide one of the following:

• An official, government-issued vaccination card listing the guest’s name and date the last dose was administered.
  • A photo or digital version of an official government-issued vaccination card listing the guest’s name and date the last dose was administered.
  • A printed or digital negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen (rapid) test administered by a healthcare professional within 72 hours to a guest’s given event that includes the guest’s name and date the last test was administered.

*Fully Vaccinated Criteria

SCHEDULE

8:30 AM – 9:00 AM | CHECK-IN

9:00 AM – 9:50 AM | OPENING REMARKS/KEYNOTE- Dr. Shara Bialo

10:00 AM – 11:00 AM | BREAKOUT SESSIONS (choose from one of the following)

• Hybrid Closed-Loop Systems: The Next Evolution of Diabetes Management with Gary Scheiner

Today, pumps and glucose sensors can talk to each other and automate insulin delivery through the use of computer algorithms. But they can’t do it all. Success with these systems requires a partnership between the technology and the user. Find out how hybrid closed-loop systems work, the pros/cons of the various options, and how to maximize their performance.

• Perspectives of T1D

Hear from a range of T1D perspectives from those living with the disease, caregivers, and those in the medical field- including Dr. Shara Bialo!

11:00 AM– 12:00 PM | VENDOR FAIR/ T1D’S STICK TOGETHER MEET-UP (connect with other T1D individuals and caregivers)

12:00 PM | EVENT CONCLUDES

Don’t miss out, to register CLICK HERE!

If coming out to an in-person event is out of your comfort zone, then we hope you will join our JDRF global community in our virtual summit – a monthly virtual series occurring on the first Thursday of every month all year long. Once you register, you will be signed up for all sessions and you can pick and choose which will be most useful to you and your family. Topics range from women breaking barriers with T1D to mental health to advocacy, and research updates.

Register today to reserve your spot for these sessions. TypeOneNation Summits – JDRF. A monthly series is also available in Spanish! TypeOneNation Summit en Español – JDRF

However you choose to engage, we are committed to providing the education, support, and sense of community you’ve come to know from JDRF. Please reach out and let us know what you would like to see and hear more of in the future. We want to hear from you!

We can’t wait to see you there!

Megan Dougherty, GDV Chapter Community Engagement Manager