Make a special contribution to this year’s 20th Annual Hope Gala by creating an Honor Basket for a loved one with T1D. Since many of our guests do not have a connection to T1D, these packages help to showcase the “faces of T1D,” a visual reminder of what the night is all about. When putting together your Honor Basket package, think about your T1D’s hobbies, your family’s favorite activity in your area or what you think would appeal to our gala attendees.
How do I make an Honor Basket and what do I include?
- Baskets should have a value of at least $150. You may solicit items to be donated or purchase them yourself. Our Gala Committee is actively pursuing donations from local businesses, please make every effort to review potential donation solicitations with JDRF staff to avoid duplicate requests.
- The basket should have a theme – focus on his/her favorite things and use your imagination!
- Each Honor Basket display will include a photo of the Honoree, a narrative about them and a description of the package contents (please provide a photo of your loved one to be displayed).
Jane Smith’s Honor Basket
- Theme: Disney Movie Night
- Items: Jane’s favorite movies, a Netflix gift card, cozy blankets, popcorn, popcorn seasoning, popcorn bowls, drink cups & candy.
- Value: $150
- Donated by: The Smith Family
A description of the Honor Basket package will be written by JDRF based on the information included on the Honor Basket Commitment Form.
When do I deliver my Honor Basket to JDRF?
- Please deliver or mail your Honor Basket with a completed Honor Basket Commitment Form to JDRF no later than Wednesday, August 1, 2018.
Please deliver and/or send forms and donation to:
JDRF Greater Iowa Chapter
2704 Fleur Drive, Suite A, Des Moines, IA 50321
Phone: 515-802-3220 Fax: 515-225-6720
Please contact Kara (email@example.com) with questions.