About the JDRF Youth Ambassador Program
The Youth Ambassador Program (YA) was created to empower people living with T1D by giving them the opportunity to provide diabetes awareness to the public while helping JDRF and the New York City/Long Island Chapter by representing our organization and advocating our mission.
The program is comprised of children and teens (ages 2-18) with T1D who will share their story of life with the disease in an effort for our community to gain a better understanding about T1D and the importance of funds for a cure. This program also offers social opportunities to members in order to promote friendships and support of each other.
What does a Youth Ambassador Do?
- Represents JDRF at local events, third party, corporate meetings, legislative meetings
- Creates thank you cards or craft items to send or deliver to sponsors
- Attends and participates in One Walks and outreach meetings including:
- TypeOneNation Summit
- Family Night (supervising children’s activities)
- Promise to Remember Me meetings (advocacy)
- Meet & Greet for Newly Diagnosed children and their families
- Attends third party fundraisers and One Walk Corporate Team Kickoffs to give speeches and raise awareness
- Visit corporate sponsors stores such as Stop & Shop, Marshalls and Advanced Auto Parts to thank store managers and employees