November is National Diabetes Awareness Month (NDAM) and there is plenty going on throughout the month to help raise awareness for type 1 diabetes (T1D)! Here is your one-stop shop for everything NDAM.
Buona has a beef with T1D and is running campaigns all month to help create a world without diabetes.
- All Buona locations are running a Round Up at the Register campaign for the entire month to benefit JDRF. Just say yes when asked at checkout to help turn Type One into Type None!
- Buona will match 100% of the amount raised through the Round Up campaign on Giving Tuesday (11/27).
- Also throughout the month, cater your corporate meeting or luncheon and Buona will donate 15% of your order to JDRF. Just enter the code ‘JDRF’ at checkout or call 708.749.2333 and mention JDRF. This offer is valid on delivery orders only.
- Tuesday, November 13 is JDRF Family Day! If you show this flier at checkout, Buona will donate 20% of your order to double the donation to JDRF! As an added bonus, you can receive 50% off of a famous Buona shake and meet JDRF Youth Ambassadors from 4 – 8 p.m.
ALEX AND ANI Charity by Design
Alex And Ani are celebrating World Diabetes Day by hosting Charity by Design events on Wednesday, November 14 at select locations. Visit a participating location between 5 – 7 p.m. and 15% of your order will be donated to JDRF!
- Woodfield Mall | 5 Woodfield Mall, Suite #E134B Schaumburg IL | 847.240.1925
- Shops at Northbridge | 520 N. Michigan Ave, Space 130, Chicago IL | 312.386.0376
- Oakbrook | 100 Oakbrook CTR, #405, Oakbrook IL | 630.574.2329
- Orland Square | 544 Orland Square Dr. Space E12A, Orland Park, IL | 708.403.4450
Share Your Story
This is an important time for the T1D community to come together and help educate others on the reality of life with T1D. Visit jdrf.org/ndam where JDRF has Facebook cover frames, T1D footprint generator, and other great tools to make sharing your T1D story a little easier. Be sure to share the link with friends!
Also be sure to check out the JDRF YouTube page where we have nearly 20 shareable videos to build support and educate. Kicking off this month is a video on “What I Wish More People Knew About Type 1 Diabetes.”
NDAM In the News
- Today Show: JDRF teams and our mission are slated to be featured on November 1 broadcast, reaching nearly 5 million national viewers. Watch Jane, a T1D mom and JDRF supporter, talk about life with T1D while getting an ambush makeover!
- Research Radio Tour: Dr. Aaron Kowalski completed 16 interviews about JDRF funded research — including a national interview with NBC News and stations in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, D.C., Denver, Lansing, Mich., Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, and Tampa. The interviews will air throughout the month.
- Mimi Crabtree, JDRF Illinois Executive Director, has been on Chicago radio to spread the word about T1D and our partnership with Buona.
T1D Awareness Takes the Field
Eight NFL players from six teams will wear custom JDRF cleats through mid-December for the NFL’s My Cause My Cleats program to raise awareness and drive donations