JDRF Illinois Type #OneDay NDAM Campaign
November 1 - 30, 2021
The Type #OneDay Campaign is an opportunity to highlight all of those in our Illinois community who are affected by type 1 diabetes (T1D). During the month of November, National Diabetes Awareness Month (NDAM), the JDRF Illinois Chapter will highlight a T1D champion or advocate throughout the month on our social media channels. These individuals will spearhead fundraising for JDRF during the most crucial month of the year and every dollar raised will go to our mission to improve lives today and tomorrow by accelerating life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat T1D and its complications.
What is NDAM?
During the month of November, people all over the country team up to spread awareness about diabetes for National Diabetes Awareness Month (NDAM). The need for awareness and education on type 1 diabetes (T1D) is more important than ever. Who better than the T1D community to make sure that this disease is properly recognized in November and throughout the year?
Staying on top of type 1 diabetes takes the diligence, discipline, and resilience of a champion athlete. Those living with and supporting others with this disease are T1D Champions, all day and every day. Do you know a T1D champion? Share their story this November on social media using #T1DChampion. Don’t forget to follow JDRF to read about other T1D Champions, too!
The champion does not have to have T1D to be a part of this campaign. We want to share all the stories from our T1D community including those who have T1D, care for someone with T1D, love someone with T1D, or have no connection to to T1D, but want to make an impact towards our shared mission of a world without T1D.
Expectations of Participation
In order to maximize funds raised and because of the exclusivity and perks each Champion will receive from participating in the #OneDay campaign, we ask our champions to raise a minimum of $1,500. Below is a list of the perks you or the individual you are nominating will receive from participating and fundraising:
- Your own fundraising page to share your personal story, photos/video and details about your fundraiser
- A dashboard that shows your fundraising progress and coaches you on how to be successful
- Message templates to help craft emails and social media posts asking for support
- Photo and type #OneDay statement/story featured on JDRF Illinois’ Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Photo and type #OneDay statement/story included in the JDRF Illinois NDAM Facebook album
- Photo and fundraising page link included in the #OneDay collage on the “Storytellers” page on the NDAM website
- Opportunity to create a 15 second video to be featured along with your #OneDay statement/story on JDRF Illinois’ Instagram page (optional)
- JDRF Illinois #OneDay campaign t-shirt and other goodies
- AND MORE!
More from the Illinois Chapter