As we hit publish on this post, Utah TypeOneNation Summit is officially THIS WEEKEND!
We invite you to join us on the morning of Saturday, November 11 to celebrate National Diabetes Awareness Month (NDAM) with us. Learn more about who JDRF is, how we serve the greater T1D community and connect with fellow members of this community.
We are excited to feature local experts and leaders in the T1D community who will be hosting breakout sessions focusing on different topics affecting all ages and stages of T1D, from school to mental health to nutrition.
So what can I expect on event day?
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
8:00am-8:30am | Check-in
Attendees are encouraged to begin checking in at 8:00am.
Take some time to enjoy our light breakfast and grab a seat in the main auditorium, but don’t forget to visit the vendor fair first and meet the organizations working to make a difference in the T1D community.
8:30am-9:30am | Welcome & Keynote
Make sure you’re seated to hear a special welcome message from Utah’s new Community Board President, Mike Reeve.
Then, our opening keynote will be presented by Anastasia Albanese-O’Neill, Ph.D., APRN, CDCES, JDRF’s Associate Vice President of T1D Education and Clinical Implementation.
9:30am-9:45am | TRANSITION
Start making your way to your first chosen breakout session.
Guests who have registered their children for Kids Camp and/or Teen Time will check in to their programs at this time.
9:45am-10:30am | Breakout Session #1 (choose 1)
- Making T1D Part of a Happy Life, presented by SaRene Brooks, RDN, CDCES, Founder of Goal Nutrition & Diabetes Specialty
- A conversation about how T1D can be a part of your life without controlling your whole life.
- How to Navigate a Fitness & Nutrition Routine While Living with T1D, presented by Shelby Castleton, NASM-certified personal trainer, macro nutrition coach, F45 trainer
- An opportunity to learn about the positive impact the addition of a good fitness and nutrition routine can have on a life with T1D.
10:30am-10:45am | TRANSITION
Take a bathroom break, stretch your legs and visit the vendor fair before making your way to your second chosen breakout session.
10:45am-11:30am | Breakout Session #2 (choose 1)
- Taking T1D to School, presented by Kaylynn Buxton, RN, BS, CDCES, and Bri Dougall, RN, BSN, CDCES, whom both are diabetes educators at Primary Children’s Hospital.
- A lesson on what to expect during the school day.
- Empowering Resilience: Thriving with T1D, presented by Jessica Powell, MSW, CSW, mental health therapist
- A discovery of resilience-building techniques, effective coping mechanisms and empowering strategies to not just manage, but thrive with T1D.
11:30am-11:45am | TRANSITION
Make your way back to the main auditorium for closing.
Guests with children at Kids Camp and/or Teen Time are required to check them out of their programs at this time.
11:45am-12:00pm | Closing Remarks
Make sure to be back in your seats for a closing message from Utah TypeOneNation Summit Chair Kate Sandfoss.
A special giveaway, courtesy of Megaplex Theatres, will also be announced during this time.
So how do I secure a spot?
Register for your general admission, Kids Camp and Teen Time spots here! You can also read more about the speakers and vendors joining us on event day.
If you have questions, please reach out to Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to celebrate NDAM with you!