In our first week of NDAM fundraising, our community has already raised over $6,000 through livestreams on Twitch and YouTube. And that’s just the beginning — more than 150 charity streams are scheduled through the end of November.
Read on for a taste of the gaming and livestream goodness happening throughout NDAM. If you want to help us smash our $25,000 goal, it’s not too late to join in with your own charity stream.
On Monday, November 14 — which just happens to be World Diabetes Day — we’ll kick off a week of awesome T1D-related content on the JDRF Twitch channel. Here’s the lineup:
- Monday 11/14: T1D Index (2:30pm PT / 5:30pm ET / 10:30pm GMT) – JDRF’s vice president of global access, Tom Robinson, will talk about the newly launched T1D Index and the global impact of type 1 diabetes.
- Tuesday 11/15: Let’s Talk Advocacy (9am PT / 12pm ET / 5pm GMT) – JDRF’s senior director of grassroots advocacy, Carla Falasco, will discuss T1D advocacy during a special edition of our biweekly T1D Tuesday series.
- Wednesday 11/16: T1D Research Updates (3:30pm PT / 6:30pm ET / 11:30pm GMT) – Hear the latest T1D research news from JDRF research committee chair Karen Jordan.
- Thursday 11/17: The Human Trial Screening (4pm PT / 7pm ET / midnight GMT) – Watch this award-winning documentary about patients undergoing the first human trials of stem cell treatment for T1D. Director Lisa Hepner will join for Q&A.
- Friday 11/18: Mario Kart Community Game Night (4pm PT / 7pm ET / midnight GMT) – Let’s-a-go! Join JDRF Game2Give community members and T1D influencers Rob Howe and Sarah Johnson for some classic cart racing. We’ll be giving away game keys, doing hot sauce shots and Bean Boozled for donations, and chatting all things T1D.
- Saturday 11/19: JDRF One World Meetup (12pm PT / 3pm ET / 8pm GMT) – Join us in JDRF One World, our virtual world in Roblox, as we unveil the Quest for the Golden Rufus, an all-new treasure hunt minigame.
Bonus: Turn the Roblox meetup into a charity stream and you can compete against other community members to get donations! Email us or DM itsmomoneek#9878 on Discord for details.
Calling all Apex Legends players! Esports organization Inner Nerd Gaming and the JDRF Game2Give team are hosting the first-ever NDAM Apex Legends Tournament on this Friday, November 11.
The event will be livestreamed on JDRF’s Twitch channel starting at 4pm PT / 7pm ET. Prizes include gift cards, tee shirts, MSI GK30 keyboard and mouse combos, X Rocker headsets, and more!
Teams of three are invited to join by making a donation of $10 or more. Registration closes Thursday night. Join the Apex Legends tournament here!
For the third year in a row, we’ve partnered with the popular (and free!) online golf game World Golf Tour for a monthlong tournament in honor of National Diabetes Awareness Month.
Play 18 holes on the Torrey Pines course to compete for a 50,000 total credits purse prize, plus you’ll get this stylish in-game bucket hat just for playing. Join the WGT tournament here!
FUNDRAISING UPDATE: We beat our goal with time to spare! Our awesome community raised $33,852.08 during NDAM. Thank you to everyone who streamed, tuned in, and donated!