The JDRF Western Wisconsin Chapter is excited for the relaunch of the Youth Ambassador Program! Youth Ambassadors will help the Chapter throughout the year to help “put a face on type 1 diabetes” and help educate the community about what it’s like living with the disease, as well as why supporting JDRF’s mission to cure type 1 diabetes (T1D) is so important. This program is open to individuals who have T1D, are under the age of 18, and are willing to share their personal story.
Youth Ambassadors would have several important duties, including the following:
- Collaborate with JDRF staff to write your personal story about living with T1D that will then be used at JDRF events throughout the year and in the Chapter’s communications
- Write hand written thank you notes to select donors and/or sponsors throughout the year
- Attend the JDRF Spring Gala (Saturday, April 14, 2018) to serve as a greeter and help with the “final total” reveal at the end of the evening
- Assist with the creation of posters for Team Western Wisconsin, the Chapter’s JDRF Ride to Cure Team
- Attend the JDRF One Walk (Sunday, September 23, 2018)
- Stop by corporate partners office locations to say “thank you” and take a picture
- Participate in other activities throughout the year to help raise awareness about JDRF and type 1 diabetes
If your child is interested in being a part of the new Youth Ambassador Program, please complete the online application. Applications are due to the office by Friday, March 23rd. If you have any questions about the program, please reach out to Jen Allen by phone (608.833.2873) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).