The 2019 JDRF One Walk – Madison is just around the corner! This year’s event will be taking place on Sunday, September 15th at UW Health at the American Center. The JDRF One Walk draws in more than 2,000 participants who are all working toward the same goal: finding a cure for type 1 diabetes (T1D). This year’s event is going to be jam-packed with activities and full of fun for the whole family! Currently, we have more than 80 teams registered who have raised nearly $110,000 for T1D research! If you would like to participate in the JDRF One Walk, there are plenty of options for you to do so (it’s not too late)!
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED:
- Register – Whether you want to create a Walk Family Team with friends and family or a Walk Corporate Team with your co-workers, there is something for everyone! All you have to do is visit walk.jdrf.org, click “Register,” and follow the step-by-step instructions. It’s that easy! Once you’re registered, staff will contact you with tips & tricks about fundraising for the JDRF One Walk. If you are unable to physically attend the JDRF One Walk, you can still participate a Virtual Walker! Virtual walkers are able to create teams, access the JDRF One Walk Participant Center, and raise money just like Walk Teams.
- Volunteer – Volunteers are a key component to the success of the JDRF One Walk. Shifts are available before, during, and after the event to allow for anyone who wants to volunteer the ability to participate. Even if you are planning on walking with a team, you can still volunteer! To register as a volunteer, sign up here.
- Donate – As the leading global organization funding T1D research, JDRF’s mission is to accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat T1D and its complications. However, we can’t do it without your help. Donate to a participant, a team, or the event itself!
EVENT DAY SCHEDULE:
Sunday, September 15, 2019
UW Health at the American Center, 4602 Eastpark Blvd., Madison, WI
- 9:30 a.m.: Registration Check-In Opens
- 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.: Activities Area Open
- 10:45 a.m.: Opening Ceremonies
- 11:00 a.m.: Walk Starts
- 11:30 a.m.: Light lunch served (Hot Dogs, Buns, Chips, Fruit, Schoep’s Ice Cream)
- 12:00/12:30/1:00 p.m.: Cooking Demonstrations in UW Health
- 2:00 p.m.: Event Ends
The Walk will take place rain or shine!
1.1 Mile Walk: The Walk Route will be marked. Start/Finish is with the 2 mile walk, but will cut off at the Alliant Energy Center parking lot. We will walk through the parking lot and exit on Eastpark Blvd and go back to UW Health at the American Center.
2 Mile Walk: The Walk Route will be marked. Start/Finish will be located inside the parking lot at the UW Health at the American Center. We will walk along Eastpark Blvd along the bike path and one lane of traffic that will be blocked off. Please be careful of traffic.
New Family Teams should stop by the New Families Tent (located in the vendor area on the edge of the parking lot) for their special gift. All members of your team will receive a JDRF draw string backpack.
FOOD, FUN & ENTERTAINMENT:
A light lunch is available from the V1P parking ramp by Hy-Vee: hot dogs, chips, cookies, fruit and water will be available. Carb counting will be included.
Inside UW Health there will be a Cooking Demonstration at 12:00, 12:30, & 1:00pm (with samples)!
Activities will take place from 9:30am – 1:30pm.
- Appearance from area mascots!
- Activities tent including balloon artists, face painting, and tattoos
- Social Media Photo Wall
- Inflatable obstacle course, Toddler Inflatable, and Inflatable Hoop
- Rock Climbing Wall
- And much more!
Two check points/rest stops will be located along the route. Water and granola bars will be provided.
No matter how you get involved with the 2019 JDRF One Walk, you will be helping to improve the lives of everyone affected by T1D. If you have any questions, please contact Jordy Peter by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (608.833.2873). We hope you will join us on Sunday, September 15th for the event!