JDRF Launches “T1D Champions. All Day. Every Day.” Campaign for National Diabetes Awareness Month
What it is:
- This National Diabetes Awareness Month, JDRF has launched a new campaign entitled “T1D Champions. All day. Every day.”
- The theme celebrates small, every day wins in the lives of people in the T1D community, in addition to the big wins.
- Throughout the month, JDRF will feature stories of everyday champions across all organizational platforms, including JDRF.org/ndam, @JDRFHQ on Instagram, and @JDRF on Twitter.
Why it matters:
- T1D has symptoms that aren’t visible, and it requires constant management and treatment. Because of this, JDRF is raising awareness of the obstacles and risks that the T1D community overcome everyday by sharing stories on how innovation helps people living with T1D to manage their lives and supports them to be champions.
- “Staying on top of T1D takes the diligence, discipline, and resilience of a champion athlete, but people living with T1D are rarely celebrated in the same way,” said Aaron J. Kowalski, Ph.D., JDRF President and Chief Executive Officer.
- Every day, the T1D community advocates for change and JDRF works tirelessly alongside them to drive impact across research and advocacy. This work is helping to make both big and small differences in the lives of people with T1D.
- To learn more about the “T1D Champions. All Day. Every Day.” campaign visit JRDF.org/ndam