National Diabetes Awareness Month is observed every November to draw attention to diabetes and its effects on millions of Americans. As the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research, JDRF leads the way to educate the public, helping the T1D community spread awareness about what it means to live with T1D and what we can all do accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat T1D and its complications.
Below are simple, powerful, and interactive ways to highlight how T1D affects millions of people all around the world and right here in our own backyard. If you have T1D or know someone who does, help us raise awareness and funds for JDRF’s mission throughout the month of November.
- Check out our National Diabetes Awareness Month Guide that includes ways you can make an impact this November. Whether you choose to fundraise, spread the word or educate your family/friends/followers there are so many ways to make a difference!
- We are excited to announce a match opportunity that we are counting on you to help us leverage. Several families in our chapter community have committed to generously match EVERY gift up to $100,000 made to the New England Chapter through December 31.
- Test your knowledge against a 9-year-old! We can’t think of a better way to kick off National Diabetes Awareness Month than with a pop quiz. After you take the quiz, share it with your friends and family to see if they can match wits with a 9-year-old living with T1D. We’re counting on you to raise awareness of what this community faces every day.
- How much space does T1D take in your life? Visit jdrf.org/t1dlookslikeme to create your T1D Footprint because with type 1 diabetes, the numbers add up.
- We are in this together. You Walk. You Ride. You innovate. You partner. You inspire. Visit jdrf.org/t1dlookslikeme to read stories of people, like you, who are changing the lives of millions touched by T1D. Then, consider sharing your own story on social media or with your friends and family.
- #T1DYouDontSee. We share little moments on social media every day. But for those with T1D in their life, there’s so much our friends and family don’t see. Let’s celebrate our strength by telling the whole story. Create your photo and show the world the T1D behind the picture.
Here’s to a successful National Diabetes Awareness Month—and to further progress toward a cure!