JDRF TypeOneNation Virtual Summit
April 24, 2021
11:00 am - 2:30 pm
JDRF's TypeOneNation Virtual Summit is back to provide you with a jam-packed day of empowering diabetes education, inspirational speakers, and virtual exhibits showcasing the latest in diabetes technology and management. The Summit will cover a range of topics for all stages of life with T1D. Spend the day with us and connect with members of the T1D community from all over the world. There is no cost for this event and there are no limits to what you can learn at this year’s TypeOneNation Summit!
About this Event
This interactive day of learning is for people of all ages and stages of T1D and their loved ones. There is no cost to attend!
JDRF’s TypeOneNation Virtual Summit: Living Without Limits will bring together the type 1 diabetes (T1D) community coast-to-coast for a day of education and interactive experiences. You’ll have the opportunity to attend sessions on topics that matter most to you, interact with our lineup of powerful speakers, learn about the latest research advancements from T1D experts and connect with peers from across the country.
Click HERE to view the current program agenda. Here’s a sneak peek of what you can expect:
- Four research sessions highlighting current advancements in Cures, Improving Lives and Clinical Trials
- More than 10 breakout sessions addressing important topics including COVID-19 vaccines, technology, nutrition and wellbeing, mental health, health equity, teens & T1D and aging with T1D
- T1D product showcases highlighting the latest innovation in technology and management
- NEW! Reconnect with your local community through special, chapter-hosted celebrations at the close of the program.
Following the National program from 11 a.m.-2 p.m., there will be a special opportunity to connect with the local Illinois Chapter from 2:00 – 2:30 p.m. (make sure to check the interest box at registration to sign up!).
Here are the topics that will be covered during the Illinois program:
- 2:00 p.m. Illinois Chapter Update with Mimi K. Crabtree, Executive Director
- 2:05 p.m. Eva Rubin, University of Illinois Basketball Star
- 2:15 p.m. Research and Clinical Trials in Illinois
- 2:17 p.m. Becoming a JDRF Advocate
- 2:20 p.m. Illinois Update on Walk and Gala
- 2:25 p.m. Breakout rooms and final Q&A
If you have any questions, please reach out to Lindsey McCarthy. We hope to see you there!
More from the Illinois Chapter