This year, more than 400 people attended the TypeOneNation Summit St. Louis on February 1st. Individuals with type one diabetes (T1D), family members, friends and caregivers learned and connected over the unique challenges they face. We are thankful to our supporters and vendors: Lilly Diabetes, Dexcom, Medtronic, Novo Nordisk, Insulet and Xeris. Thank you so much to our attendees who provided feedback; it is invaluable to us as we continue to refine this annual event. Some of you have lived with T1D for 40 years and others for only 4 months. All of your experiences are valid and important. Please know that we are here for you; we will not stop fighting on your behalf for a world without T1D.
We are so grateful to our amazing speakers:
- Amber Clour, Mark Carter & Cynthia Powers of Diabetes Daily Grind.
- See their powerful keynote speech here.
- Alecia Wesner, JDRF New York Board Alum & Speaker’s Bureau Member
- See her insightful research update here.
- Dr. Michael Harris, Psychiatrist in Diabetes Care
- See his experienced perspective here.
- Dr. Jeffrey Millman, Assistant Professor of Medicine and Biomedical Engineering at Washington University School of Medicine & JDRF funded researcher
- See his exciting progress here.
- Dr. Jennifer Sprague, Assistant Fellowship Director, Pediatric Endocrinology at St. Louis Children’s Hospital
- See her informative presentation here.
- Jessica Bernhardt, Executive Director of Camp Hickory Hill
- Matt Copeland, local JDRF Board Member & Corporate Development Committee Chair
- Elizabeth Foss, T1D mom, former Advocacy Chair & Board Member for our local chapter
- Dr. Abby Hollander, Professor of Pediatrics, Endocrinology and Diabetes at Washington University School of Medicine & Medical Director for Camp EDI
- Miles Kallial, local JDRF Board Member
- Elizabeth Kurowski, local Interim Advocacy Chair
- Erica McClaran, local young professional living with T1D
- Lauren Plunkett, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist & Certified Diabetic Educator
- Dr. Christy Starnes and her amazing panel, Principal at Stanton Elementary School
- Kayla Taszarek, JDRF Development Coordinator, Signature Events
- Jack Terschulse, local young professional living with T1D
If you have questions, need more information or help finding resources, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Save the date for next year – February 27 at the Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel.