The Global Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) Index
The T1D Index is a first-of-its-kind, lifesaving data simulation tool that measures the human and public health impact of the T1D crisis in every country across the globe. Until now, there have been wide gaps in the data about the incidence and impact of T1D. Read more.
Top Scientists Unite at the EASD Annual Meeting
Last month, leading researchers gathered in Stockholm and virtually for the annual meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD), There were more than 20,000 attendees and featured more than 30 studies presented by JDRF-funded researchers. Read more.
A NorCal Teen’s Experience in a T1D Clinical Trial
Zosia Mosur was 11 years old when diagnosed with T1D. Within weeks she was enrolled in a clinical trial at Stanford University for newly diagnosed T1D. Now 14, Zosia reflects on her experience, what she learned from it and why you should consider participating in a trial that’s right for you. Read more.
Introducing our 2022 JDRF One Walk, NorCal Corporate Chair & Executive Council
We’re thrilled to announce our Corporate Chair for the 2022 JDRF One Walk, NorCal: Rick McConnell, Chief Executive Officer, Dynatrace, and the entire Executive Council made up of business leaders from around Northern California. Read more.
Fundraising Opportunity – Ford Lightning Sweepstakes!
Did you know that JDRF One Walk participants, riders or any other JDRF volunteers can easily raise funds for JDRF by promoting this incredible sweepstakes? Enter for a chance to win the highly anticipated 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning LARIAT! Learn more.
Upcoming Chapter Events
Sacramento Family & Caregivers Meet-Up – October 9, 2022, 2-4pm, Harry Crab Park, Roseville. This event will repeat every 3 months on the first Sunday. Learn more.
JDRF TypeOneNation Educational Event – October 2, 2022, 9am-12:30pm, Sacramento Sheraton. Keynote Speaker: JDRF NorCal & International Board of Directors Member, Karen Jordan. FREE event. Learn more and register.
JDRF Ride – Six beautiful destinations and My Ride opportunities across the U.S. with local training events throughout 2022. All levels welcome! Learn more and register at ride.jdrf.org.
JDRF One Walk, NorCal – November 6, 2022
We’ll be in person at California’s Great America in Santa Clara! Register today! walk.jdrf.org/norcal
Volunteer-Led Community Walk – November 20, 2022
Valley Oak Park, Sacramento. Email Greg Cohen for more information.
Big Sur International Marathon – Team JDRF – April 30, 2023
Highway 1 from Big Sur to Carmel. Learn more and register.
Recurring Outreach Events:
E-Meet & Greets: Monthly Zoom Meetups – Rotating Wednesdays, 12pm PT
Parents and Caregivers of Children with T1D Under the Age of 5
Parents and Caregivers of Children with T1D Ages 5-12
Parents and Caregivers of Children with T1D Ages 13-21
Adults Living with T1D
Reunión Virtual Para Adultos y Familias con Diabetes Tipo 1 en Español – Segundo Miércoles, 5-6pm PT
T1D Teen Connect Monthly Meetup – Third Wednesdays, 5-6pm PT
Register for the next T1D Teen Connect.
Ask the Endo Monthly Sessions – Third Tuesdays, 8-9am PT
Register for the next Ask the Endo.
Ask the Therapist Monthly Sessions – First Wednesdays, 8-9am PT
Register for the next Ask the Therapist.
Young Leadership Committee (YLC) Meetings – First Wednesdays, 6pm PT
Register for the next YLC Monthly Meeting.
Special Announcements & Resources
- Become a JDRF Advocate! Help secure Federal funding for T1D research, and inform health and regulatory policy. Visit jdrf.org/join and email your U.S. Senators TODAY to advocate for the INSULIN Act to make insulin more affordable.
- JDRF 2023 Children’s Congress: Applications open through November 30! Visit cc.jdrf.org
- Insulin Access: Need help accessing insulin? Visit GetInsulin.org
- Clinical Trials: Participating in a clinical trial is a great way to contribute to curing, preventing and treating T1D and its complications. Learn more
- Health Insurance Guide: JDRF is committed to supporting you by providing tools to help you navigate healthcare and health insurance. Learn more
- New Facebook Group for Spanish Speakers: JDRF California del norte en español
- Shop & Give Back: Visit jdrf.org/norcal/shop to view current promotions.
- Follow JDRF NorCal on Social Media: Stay connected on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube
Be the first to know about T1D news, local events and more: Click here and scroll down to Sign Up for JDRF subscriptions.
JDRF Northern California Chapter
Northwest Region Address:
JDRF, 1215 4th Ave. #1100
Seattle, WA 98161