November is National Diabetes Awareness Month (NDAM) and our chapter is ready to celebrate!
During the month of November, people all over the country team up to spread awareness about diabetes for National Diabetes Awareness Month (NDAM). The need for awareness and education on type 1 diabetes (T1D) is more important than ever! Who better than the T1D Community to make sure that this disease is properly recognized in November and throughout the year?
This November, we challenge you to celebrate and raise awareness with us! Here are 3 Ways to Celebrate:
- Share Your “Why I Walk” Story
- 2023 JDRF One Walk Teams: We want to hear from you! Click here to share your “Why I Walk” Story along with your favorite photos captured at our chapter Walks this year for a chance to be highlighted on our social media channels during November!
- Turn True Blue for JDRF and T1D Awareness
- Light Up Your Town: Have a business that can turn their building or fountain lights blue? Ask them to TURN TRUE BLUE on the day or week of November 1st (Type One Diabetes Day), November 14th (World Diabetes Day), or the entire month of November!
- Host A T1D Awareness Day: Pick a day or week in November to challenge your friends and colleagues at school or work to wear blue, turn your classroom blue, make awareness posters, or even dye your hair blue. Bonus points if you collect $1 from everyone who participates and make it a fundraiser
- Share Your T1D Stories: Throughout November, use the hashtags #ForwardAs1 and #jdrfwestcentralpa to share your T1D stories on social media!
- Share Your Awareness Day Photos
- Whether you are lighting up your town, business, neighborhood, or hosting a T1D Awareness Day event or fundraiser – we want to hear from you! Click here to upload your photos and share about your awareness day, and we’ll highlight you on our chapter social media channels all November long!
For more information or support for school fundraisers, awareness day events, and all things NDAM, contact Kristina at firstname.lastname@example.org