November is National Diabetes Awareness Month (NDAM), and we’ll be bringing you resources and ways to participate all month long using our website and social media pages. This year’s theme is the Power of Us, this year during NDAM we will look at the power of our community and remind each other of how far we’ve come in the fight to cure T1D.
Throughout the month we’re featuring the stories of some of our Wisconsin Chapter families, and how they live with Type 1 Diabetes (T1D). You can read more about their stories, or donate to accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure T1D on our campaign website.
Some dates to get involved:
- November 7th – Taking Control of Your Diabetes (TCOYD) is hosting a free virtual conference and health fair on November 7.
- November 14th – World Diabetes Day! Wear blue (and show us!) to show your support for a world without T1D.
- November 15th – Bobby’s Bar in Milwaukee will be donating 25% of profits to JDRF Wisconsin for the whole week!
- December 1st – Giving Tuesday! Don’t forget to make your contribution and get in the holiday spirit.
Other resources that are available:
- Our Development Manager, Erin Vella, had a radio interview with 103.7 Kiss FM about NDAM, you can listen to that here.
- DiabetesWise announced the launch of its DiabetesWise Device Finder, a tool created at Stanford University School of Medicine to help people with diabetes easily identify the best technology for their personal diabetes management. The tool is free, unbiased, and now available to people with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes who take insulin.
- JDRF is pleased to partner with Beyond Type 1, and other stakeholders, on GetInsulin.org. This tool will help meet an immediate need for people in the United States to access insulin while we work on long-term solutions to address insulin affordability. It will also complement JDRF’s ‘Help with Costs’ page, which provides people with a variety of ways to access insulin.
- Knowing the warning signs of type 1 diabetes saves lives. Since 2016, Beyond Type 1 has been working to get the signs and symptoms of Type 1 in front of as many people as possible. This November, we want your help! Sign up here to receive a free awareness kit with warning signs posters and other materials to help spread the word in your community. Want to share digitally? Find digital posters here and share on social media using #T1DWarningSigns.
Let us know what you’re doing for NDAM, and thank you for being a valued member of our community!