Friday, Nov. 24, 2023—”Black Friday”—is the official start of the holiday shopping season. There is no better way to honor the spirit of giving that comes with the holidays than by giving back to a community that wants what we all want: to see a world without type 1 diabetes (T1D).
Moving Forward—JDRF’s theme for the month—is what fuels our vision and mission to cure, prevent, and treat T1D and its complications—for those living with T1D and those who love them. It’s a reminder of what and who we are fighting for, and that together, we move #ForwardAs1.
Giving to others has always been a hallmark of the holiday season and this year, you can spread joy by supporting the T1D community through gifts that give back and help drive JDRF’s mission forward to find cures for T1D.
These holiday ideas that give back will not only brighten someone’s day but will have a lasting impact on the lives of families and individuals living with T1D.
- Little Words project “Forward4T1D” bracelets: Show your support for National Diabetes Awareness Month and JDRF with this Forward4T1D Bracelet! This November, we encourage you to spread awareness for type 1 diabetes and the importance of moving research and breakthroughs forward. 25% of the net proceeds from these bracelets will help fund research and life-changing programs for type 1 diabetes.
- Shimmer by Cindy: 100% of the proceed from the Diabetes Awareness Collection will be donated to JDRF.
- Lokai: $1 for every bracelet purchased goes back to JDRF
- Mattress Firm: During the month of November, Mattress Firm customers will be asked to donate in increments of $5, $10, $15 and $25 to give back to JDRF. Additionally, anyone from the T1D community can complete the Diabetes Footprint calculator and bring in their sleep score for 10% a mattress purchase.
- JDRF Forward for Type 1 Diabetes T-shirts: ($1 of the proceeds of each sale will benefit JDRF)
- LiveFree with T1D: Your Path to Transformation: You have a plan to manage your blood sugars. But you also need a plan to manage the stress of T1D. When you join LiveFree with T1D (a program from Dr. Mark Heyman, otherwise known as “Dr. Mark” and “The Diabetes Psychologist”) you’ll get a personalized roadmap to manage stress so T1D doesn’t get in your way. Plus, you’ll join a community that truly understands your experience where you can connect with fellow T1Ds on the same journey to freedom.
- Vertex is sponsoring a limited number of 12-month memberships, which LiveFree with T1D is giving away, free of charge. Learn more about how you can take advantage of this opportunity. Deadline is 11:59 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 20.
Have a safe and joyous holiday season!