There are more than 300 clinical trials for people with type one diabetes (T1D), including diabetic complications—eye disease, kidney disease, nerve disease. Many of these trials take place in the Northern Florida Chapter territory. Here are a few of the clinical trial sites in our area and some of the studies they are currently recruiting for:
AdventHealth Translational Research Institute, Orlando The scientists and clinicians at AdventHealth Research Institute are committed to extending and improving the quality of lives through education and world class, innovative translational research for various metabolic diseases including 1 diabetes.
- AIDE: A Randomized Cross-Over Trial Evaluating Automated Insulin Delivery (AID) Technologies on Hypoglycemia and Quality of Life (QOL) in Elderly Adults with Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) | AdventHealth Research Institute: This study is examining if an insulin pump with different treatment modules can reduce the incidence of low blood sugar and increase the quality of life in people ages 65 and older who have had Type 1 diabetes for at least one year. – NEW!!
- _PHROG_Study_Flyer – UPDATED 9.10.2021
- AdventHealth Translational Research Institute’s Honey Study focuses on adolescents and children diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes within the previous three months. It will measure the levels of certain biomarkers in the blood that may indicate triggers of Type 1 diabetes to help find better ways of diagnosing the condition and tracking its progression. – NEW!!
- Inhale1 Flyer_Final 26July2021 – INHALE-1 is a research study that aims to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of an inhaled insulin product for use in children and teenagers with diabetes. – NEW!!
- Child_Recruitment Flyer_Sept 22 2020
- Jaeb Center for Health Research, Tampa
- CamAPSFX flyer_20 Sept 2021_NOT STAMPED 9.20.2021
- PEDAP Recruitment Flyer_STAMPED.docx – The Pediatric Artificial Pancreas (PEDAP) Trial: A Randomized Controlled Comparison of the Control-IQ Technology versus Standard of Care in Young Children in Type 1 Diabetes
- Click here for further information on all available studies at the USF Health Diabetes and Endocrinology Center, including the following studies:
- Prevent or delay progression of T1D in those at higher risk
- Protection of beta cell function in people newly diagnosed with T1D (within 150 days).
- Diabetes device studies
JDRF T1D Clinical Trials Connection
JDRF funds type 1 diabetes (T1D) clinical trials that are critical to bringing new devices and treatments to people with this disease. Currently, there are more than 70 JDRF-funded clinical trials, to both prevent and treat this disease and its complications. We hope that, ultimately, these trials will lead to a cure for T1D.
That’s where JDRF comes in. JDRF has an easy-to-use tool to find a clinical trial that might be right for you. The online Clinical Trials Connection asks users some simple questions about themselves before matching them with trials for which they are eligible. Clinical Trials Connection uses your city, distance you’re willing to travel and other characteristics to narrow down hundreds of trials to the ones in which you might be interested.
Click Here to try it out!